Thursday, January 3, 2013

Quality Family Time

Today we took a mini, one day, vacation. We wanted to go to Bricktown before Christmas to enjoy all the activities they had downtown for the kids, but when Ella was diagnosed with pneumonia we knew we had to keep her home and resting until she was well. Since the kids start back to school on Monday and hubby was off today we took advantage of it all. We did the Snow Tubing at Bricktown Ballpark, walked down by the canal, ate at Zio's (my favorite place EVER), took pictures by the beautiful decor they had out at the Devon Tower, then took the kids to Penn Square to Build-A-Bear Workshop. E tried very hard to drive me crazy again (maybe one day she will like to shop), but I must say we all had a BLAST. There were no melt downs, no arguements, and everyone made it back with all of their nerves still entact.

I did my workout and had my shake again, so that was good, but Zio's kind of counteracted anything I may have accomplished. I have been dealing with a horrible headache since last night but I'm not letting it keep me down...usually I would use that as an excuse to stay in bed as long as Alan is off.

I'm throwing ideas around in my head about what all I need to be planning ahead so that I'm not putting things off until the last minute like it seems like I've done the last SEVERAL months. I know we have a birthday party or two to attend this weekend, and one the next, so we've got to get some good gift ideas going (The ones for this weekend are already taken care of). Then I'm thinking about February. February is a crazy month for us, Ash, my dad, Alan, and I all celebrate our birthdays during the month. I'm thinking one HUGE outting with both sides of family. Can't decide on a cake, and can't decide if we need decor...I LOVE going to Scraptopia and making cute things with paper for the little ones' parties, but I'm thinking us grown ups don't really need it. Then...I'm also thinking I really want to do DIY Valentines for LJ's Pre-K class and E's class at Mother's Day Out.

Well, today's blog was pretty short, but I'm really ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment