Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It wasn't built in a day...

I had to post last night's post tonight because my internet was not working properly last night.

Today was pretty uneventful. We didn't have water for a long time because of some leak out this way and then the electricity went out for a bit. Crazy!

The kids and I ran errands, grabbed a snack, picked up an extra kid, and came home. They played for several hours and we all ate dinner that Alan brought home.

I don't really have a lot of deep thoughts for tonight. I'm worried about my Ella. Earlier tonight she was playing...having a good time, and then all of a sudden she was screaming in pain and holding her ear. I called the doctor and he recommended ibuprophen and tussinex. She was fine when she went to bed, but you know how sickness always gets worse in the night.

One other thing on my mind...Alan is getting ready to attend a 2 week size and weight school. Size and weight is the division of the highway patrol that you see driving the suv pulling over big trucks. He has been on the road for 12 years and he thinks he's ready for a change. Once he finishes this school there's no guarantee that they will open up a position in any particular place at any particular time, but it sure would be nice. It would be a raise in pay, a normal schedule, and more independence. It would be a little sad for him to not be on the road anymore, but I look at it as a new chapter in our life. It could be bring about some great things.

We also heard about another place that may be coming up for sale....I think we have about 3 still in the possibilities list. I really want a place we can build on. We did the whole remodel thing with this house and I don't ever want to do that again!

One thing that the two things above have in common is they both make me very impatient. I have a problem with, once we're talking about something, I want to see it happen...I want instant gratification, I want to see results. This is something I'm working on, and I know I'm better than I used to be, but just thinking about what things could be like makes me anxious.

I know, however, that life is great here in the present and we do have a hopeful future and that's all that matters.

My little princess is calling for me...please pray we get some rest tonight and can get into the doctor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment